..::Requirements of Foreigners’ Marriages in Pakistan

We provide legal services to the foreigners for solemnization and registration of their marriages and further attestation of marriage documents in Pakistan.

Here is some useful information on the legal requirements for getting married in the Pakistan.

Both of you must have attained the age of 18 years. You must have a valid passport and visa, National identity card and Immigration status document.

You need to take proof of your name, age and nationality and a “No Impediment to Marriage Certificate” from your home country. This document is called by different names in different countries. “No Impediment to Marriage Certificate” or “NOC to Marriage” or “Unmarried Certificate”. This certificate must indicate the marital status of the lady.

If you’ve been divorced or widowed.

If you’ve been married or in a civil partnership before, you need to take either:

·        A divorce decree absolute or final order

·        The death certificate of your former partner

A foreign divorce will be recognized in Pakistan if it was valid in the country where it took place.

The marriage registrar will check your overseas divorce documents and other documents to confirm whether your marriage can be legally solemnized.

Both of you will need to have at least 2 witnesses at your marriage ceremony.

You, your partner and your 2 witnesses must sign the marriage papers and Nikah Nama.

The Foreigner spouse must also appoint any person as his/her Special Attorney to act on his/her behalf during the marriage documentation.

Normally it takes one week for complete registration and attestation of marriage documents from the concerned offices and Foreign Office in Pakistan.

You will be provided registered and attested marriage documents to prove your marital status in the future. Your marriage papers will be recognized in the foreign countries.

Copies of Documents required:

From woman:

Passports, and Visa page.

“No Impediment to Marriage Certificate”

If divorcee, Divorce Papers

If widow, Death Certificate of husband

From Man:

copies of Passports, CNIC

Divorce papers if any


39 comments on “..::Requirements of Foreigners’ Marriages in Pakistan

Enter your Question here

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s