How to get into Court Marriage in Pakistan

It is observed that couples who decide to get marry have lack of information regarding court marriages.

For more understanding, this article is divided into questions and answers.

Question: What is concept of Court Marriage in Pakistan?

Answer: The word “Court Marriage” is not defined anywhere in any Pakistani laws relating to marriages. Such marriages are solemnized with the help of a lawyer and authorized by the court of law and issues Nikkah Namma (Marriage Certificate). Concept of such marriages came into Indian sub-continent from the English law.

Question: How to do Court Marriage in Pakistan?

Answer: It could be a bit hard for those who wish to marry with the will of their parents but when they don’t get what they want the look for different alternatives. One should have the following information regarding court marriage procedure in Pakistan.

Both should be above 18 years of age.

Both must have legal proof of age.

Two passport size photographs of female are required.

Contact a good court marriage lawyer.

Question: How much court marriage cost in Pakistan?

Answer: The cost depends upon the City where you are planning to get marry.

Question: What Documents are required for Court Marriage in Pakistan?

Answer: Both should have the proof of 18 years of age and have document proving their age e.g. CNIC, Passport, Educational Certificate, Form B etc.

Question: How to marry with Foreign National in Pakistan?

The foreign national the marital status should be single. He/she should get and carry a “No Impediment to Marriage Certificate” from his/her country. This certificate is called by different names in different countries. Copies of passport and would also be required from foreign national.


26 comments on “How to get into Court Marriage in Pakistan

  1. Dear sir I want to merry with Italian girl. She lives in Italy and she wants to come Islamabad for marriage with me ..please sir tell me which documents important for she to bring in Pakistan and also to me in my country as I need documents… Please sir kindly answer me


    • its important of that the age of the foreigner girl must be 18 years plus. If the girl is “Unmarried” she should carry a “No Impediment to Marriage Certificate” from her country. This document is called by different names in different countries. “No Impediment to Marriage Certificate” or “NOC to Marriage” or “Unmarried Certificate” This certificate indicates the marital status of the lady.
      If she is divorcee, she should carry the divorce papers, if widow then the death certificate of her husband.


  2. Hello sir,
    i want to do court marriage with the one I love and ther problem is her parents are not willing to let her marriage out of their cast. and sir she doesn’t have cnic but she have birth certificate to prove her age. Can you please help us out on that situation?


    • It’s better you get marry with the consent of your parents, but if not possible then you may marry with your sweet will


  3. Dear sir,
    I want court marriage with a girl. we both love each other. The problem is that i live in Karachi and she lives in Bahawalpur. My question is that , is it possible i fulfill the nikah nama legally here at Karachi and then go to Bahawalpur to get sign from her. Because right now her parents do not allow her to go out from home, however i can get sign from her. ? Actually we want to show the nikah nama to her parents so that they do not marry her to someone else. kindly help me in this situation?


Enter your Question here

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s