Criminal Law is an extreme field of practice coverning all those aspects that entail crime as its factor. Every act or omission that violates a command, derives its force from legislature or from authority – either political or religious – that has absolute sway over the matters of state is considered to be a crime. This is the reason that state stands as a prosecutor against the alleged culprit. The main intention of criminal law is to maintain the sway of state in all matters involving acts or omissions: no act or omission that challenges the sway of the state can be allowed by the criminal law of the state.
Pakistan has a very detailed criminal law that is though outdated to some extent but it tends to cover all aspects that do constitute a crime. To understand the criminal law in Pakistan one needs to understand the socio cultural phenomena of this country also. Most of the criminal law that has been prevailing in Pakistan was introduced by the British Empire when India was a colony and Pakistan was part of it. Even then a care was taken to understand the social conditions and criminal law was tried to be conditioned according to the cultural circumstances of the colony. This is the reason that it was willfully accepted by India and Pakistan both after their freedom from British Empire. Code of Criminal Procedure (V of 1898) that was implemented in colony is still largely the prescribed criminal procedure followed by the courts in Pakistan. Similarly the Penal Code (XLV of 1860) that was introduced in colony is still largely followed in shape of Pakistan Penal Code.
- ..::Criminal Laws and Procedure in Pakistan (pakistanilaws.wordpress.com)
- Attorney Trent R. Buckallew Named “Criminal Law Specialist” by the Arizona State Bar, Board of Legal Specialization (prweb.com)
- What’s the Difference Between Civil Action and Criminal Prosecution? (theminorityreview.com)
- Download Criminal Law and Procedure for the Paralegal book (abqagama.wordpress.com)
- Attorney Matthews Bark of Orlando|”How a Criminal Defense Attorney Differs from a Civil Defense Attorney” (attorneymatthewsbarkoforlando.wordpress.com)
- ..::Pakistan-Courts and Criminal Procedure (pakistanilaws.wordpress.com)
- ..::Criminal Laws Pakistan (pakistanilaws.wordpress.com)