Nikah can be done over the phone; it is Sharie and legal in all respects. and the Ulamas in many Countries including Indonesia have also given its fatwa that Nikah over the Phone is according to Sharia In Indonesia It have done by 2 pairs of bride and bride groom. One pair the woman in Jakarta and the man in the USA and another pair the bride in Jakarta and the bride groom in Australia. In modern world and in the era of information technology it will be easy. Even we can see the face of someone who speaks on the phone.
Best way of Nikah over the phone under Islamic Law
The better and purer way to get married to the woman who lives in another country and cannot personally attend the Nikaah ceremony for any reason, would be if the woman would appoint a ‘wakeel’ or give the authority to someone to marry them. One of the main conditions of Islamic Nikaah is the offer from the groom, and the acceptance from the bride or her appointed ‘wakeel’; and the two witnesses to this contract. If the witnesses are such that they are able to recognize and identify the voice of the woman over the phone, and confirm that the woman is indeed the same whom the man has offered to marry; there is absolutely no harm if the marriage is done through the telephone. But if one does perform the Nikaah offer and acceptance through the telephone, it would be deemed a perfectly legal marriage in the sight of Islam and Shariah.
written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allah’s Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength.
Following are the Conditions of Nikah:
1. The man woman is Non-Mehram.
2. The man and woman to agree to the marriage.
3. Two witnesses.
4. Mehr should be agreed upon.
- Muslim Wedding (muslimmatrimonialshaadi.wordpress.com)
- Matrimonial rules in Islam (muslimmatrimonialshaadi.wordpress.com)
- Charlotte Proudman 1. Nikah Contract In Sharia law marriage is (lawmatespak.wordpress.com)
- Marriage in Islam (muslimmatrimonialshaadi.wordpress.com)
- Nikah: An Ibaadah (dawatussalafiyyah.wordpress.com)