..::How A Foreign Women Get Marry in Pakistan?

It is legal for a foreign woman to marry in Pakistan. You must have attained the age of 18 years and have a valid Passport, Visa and National Identity Card while traveling to Pakistan.

If you are a Christian you can marry with a Muslim male without converting to Islam.

You have to carry a “No Impediment to Marriage Certificate” from your home country. This document is called by different names in different countries. “No Impediment to Marriage Certificate” or “NOC to Marriage” or “Unmarried Certificate”. This certificate must indicate the marital status of the lady.

If you’ve been married or in a civil partnership before, you need to take either:

  • A divorce decree absolute or final order.
  • The death certificate of your former partner.

A foreign divorce will be recognized in Pakistan if it was valid in the country where it took place.

The marriage registrar will check your overseas documents to confirm whether your marriage can be legally solemnized.

The Foreigner spouse may also appoint any person as his/her Special Attorney in Pakistan to act on his/her behalf during the marriage documentation.It is recommended that a lawyer be engaged so that he can guarantee that all legal formalities are satisfied during the marriage.

You will enter into a marriage contract with your spouse for this purpose you will sign the marriage papers and Nikah Nama and the same will be registered in the concerned offices in Pakistan and attestation from the foreign office.

A marriage certificate is known as “Nikanama” in Pakistan. The local union council will also issue a computerized Marriage Certificate and all the marriage documents with its true English translation will be attested by the Pakistan Foreign Office.

Normally it takes one week for complete registration and attestation of marriage documents from the concerned offices and Foreign Office in Pakistan.

You will be provided registered and attested marriage documents to prove your marital status in the future. Your marriage papers will be recognized in the foreign countries.

Copies of Documents required:

From woman:

Passports, and Visa page.

“No Impediment to Marriage Certificate”

If divorcee, Divorce Papers

If widow, Death Certificate of husband

From Man:

copies of Passports, CNIC

Divorce papers if any